Monday, March 28, 2011

Designer Profile: Lyn Devon

During a review of the Spring 2011 RTW shows, I ran across a new designer named Lyn Devon.  She's worked for Zac Posen and Ralph Lauren, and launched her own line 2005.  Devon has also received many prestigious awards, including FGI's "Rising Star," Ecco Domani's "Fashion Foundation Award," and was named by Style.com as one of the 10 most promising talents.  Her work has recently been featured more in fashion magazines and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her.


My favorite collection, Spring 2011.


What I particularly like about Devon's work is her classic style with quirky twists, such as bright colors or optical prints.  Her designs are something I think a young, modern Audrey Hepburn would wear.  The pieces are minimal but not stuffy- think Calvin Klein meets Kate Spade.  I greatly look forward to seeing what she presents each new season.


From top to bottom: Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Fall 2011


XOXO,
Coco Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment