Monday, December 20, 2010
Marcel waves, also known as finger waves, were popular in the 1920s and continue to be a favorite amongst designers and starlets. They are fairly easy to do, come in a variety of looks, and can work with many lengths of hair.
Diane Kruger has worn Marcel waves several times, each with a different vibe. From polished to decorated, they always make a statement.
When adding glitz to your waves, consider vintage and estate jewelry. Dolce & Gabbana featured some beautiful combs and clips in their Spring 2010 collection:
For instructions on how to make Marcel waves, see the image below (which can be enlarged by clicking on it), or search YouTube for videos.
XOXO, Coco Birdie
*Images via Style.com and Google Images
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
10. Jessica Biel in Oscar de la Renta at the "Valentine's Day" Hollywood Premiere
9. Kerry Washington in Marchesa at the Metropolitan Opera
8. Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano at the Golden Globes
7. Carey Mulligan in Prada at the Oscars
6. Claire Danes in Armani Privé at the Emmys
5. Carey Mulligan in Vionnet at BAFTA
4. Anne Hathaway in Valentino at the Costume Institute Gala
3. Camilla Belle in Jason Wu at the Costume Institute Gala
2. Camilla Belle in Yves Saint Laurent at the Metropolitan Opera
1. Natalie Portman in Rodarte at the Venice Film Festival Premiere of "Black Swan"