Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Designer Profile: The Row

I've been on a bit of a minimalism kick lately, and one of my favorite "minimal" lines is The Row.  I'm not going to tell you about the designers just yet because I want you to look at the garments first.  The line has been around for about four years and prides itself on a clean look- simple lines, stunning fabrics, and a soft fit.  Style.com referred to it not as "minimal," but as "utterly simple and anonymously chic."  These are pieces that are great on their own or can be easily dressed around.

Here's a look at a bit of their history, starting with last spring:




Pre-fall has been my favorite collection so far.  I love the bias cuts, the furs, and the textural interests in their clothes.  There's quite a bit going on in each piece, yet they are refined and sleek.

The company is also branching out into accessories.  Their AMAZING handbags are launching this fall at Barney's and they have three limited-edition (cashmere!) shoes launching with Toms.


I applaud what they've done with the bags.  Most designers feel the need to smother the bag with their name and branding.  I read an article in Harper's Bazaar about the launch of the collection and the designers said they explicitly stayed away from over-the-top branding.  It helps keep the bags timeless and they go with just about any outfit.  They aren't flashy and pretentious-- just well made and stylish.

So are you ready to find out who is behind this amazing collection...





 Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.  WHAT?!?!  I know.  The twins became known for their "homeless/bag-lady" look, but have really grown up and grown into a much more sensible style.  I heard they had a collection and I had seen The Row's collections on Style.com and loved it.  When I found out the two went together, I had to double check that I was looking at the right line.  From the several articles and interviews I've read since then, it also really sounds like they have a huge part in the designing, which is much more than a majority of the other celebrity lines can say.

In their fall collection you can see a sneak peak of some fall trends- minimalism, furs, and prints.  I'll be posting more on the fall trends soon, so check back!

XOXO,
Coco Birdie

All images from Style.com and The Row's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment