Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wardrobe Overhaul

After being photographed one too many times in pieces that just don't work on me, I've decided to give my closet an overhaul.  I'll be getting rid of anything that does fit my new criteria, and looking for pieces that do.

My inspiration comes from classic glamour: Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Coco Chanel, and Dior's New Look.


Pieces I will be looking for will be in basic colors, tailored, with v-necks and a 1950s feel.  I'll introduce color in accessories and makeup, and add lace for a feminine touch.  Since I'm home most of the day, my casual wardrobe needs to be updated.  I'll look for nice, comfortable pieces that I can still be seen in.



Things I won't be wearing? Stripes, boatnecks, back scoop necks, skinny leg pants, and oversized pieces.

XOXO, Coco Birdie

*Images from Style.com, Anthropologie, J. Crew, Net-a-Porter, Real Simple, and Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment